KDE4: KSystemTrayIcon and QWheelEvent

Christian Esken esken at kde.org
Fri Sep 29 15:43:09 BST 2006

Hi,

while trying to port KMix to KDE4 I found that QWheelEvent's are not supported
in (Q|K)SystemTrayIcon.
The MouseWheel on KMix-Systray is what users like very much. I care about that
much more than the middle mouse click (which was discussed in July and kindly
added by Trolltech).

Is there any chance on receiving those events again? It wouldn't have to be full featured QWheelEvent's, a "Button4" and "Button5" ActivationReason would be enough.

  Christian

PS: Its not only about KMix: Juk seems to use QWheelEvent's too.
PPS: The code is well hidden in a private QSystemTrayIconSys (qsystemtrayicon_x11.cpp), so I don't see a way to override that myself.

--
Is Unix ready for the Desktop? See http://www.kde.org