objections to disallowing in-source builds in all KDE modules ?

Jaison Lee lee.jaison at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 04:57:23 BST 2006

> To avoid these potential problems, I'd like to disable in-source builds in all
> KDE modules.
> Are there objections ?
> If not, I'll do that next week or so.

Definitely no objections here. I was actually under the impression
in-source builds in the submodules had already been disabled, and
would have suggested that they be had I realized otherwise earlier.

I'll try and write-up a page somewhere on the website that we can link
to that briefly outlines some of the benefits of the out-of-source
build. That way individuals who are initially confused by what they
believe is an arbitrary restriction can see some of the reasoning
behind it. If this is indeed a barrier for a new user (and I don't
believe it is) then this should help mitigate it a bit.