objections to disallowing in-source builds in all KDE modules ?

Charles Samuels charles at kde.org
Fri Sep 29 04:10:54 BST 2006

Michael Pyne wrote, on Thursday 2006 September 28 8:07 pm:
> Well object, but don't blame it on the mythical "new recruit".

Ok, how about the non-mythical minority of us that sometimes like
srcdir=builddir?

I don't like the idea of certain developers (we can call them a "majority")
making decisions for the rest of us that doesn't really affect said majority.
If you don't like it, don't do it, and definitely don't decide for me.

http://www.student.uni-oldenburg.de/frerich.raabe/fun/debatingtechnique.html

> I mean, it's *already disabled* in kdelibs and the trees having started
> falling down.  Personally I'd prefer it either be disabled everywhere or
> enabled everywhere.  It's either makes sense to disable it or it doesn't.

Ok, let's remove that check from kdelibs then.

Have a nice day,

Charles