Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Sep 28 16:44:42 BST 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 17:39, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Thursday, 28. September 2006 16:07, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > Both at the kdegames BOF and kdeedu BOF there was discussion about if
> > programs created enterely in Ruby/Python/etc are going to be allowed to
> > be in main modules of kde for KDE 4.
>
> The TWG actually thinks about requiring that at least one central
> application in KDE 4 is not written in C++. But this is not finally decided
> yet. So if you can provide one, we'd be more than happy to take it. So a
> clear "yes"

Guidance? Some of the power manager stuff? The digital signage app
demonstrated here at aKademy?

This would produce an interesting addition to the dependency chain, though:
working bindings before some of the other modules.

--
KDE Quality Team  http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
GPG: FEA2 A3FE    http://people.fruitsalad.org/adridg/