Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Joseph Kerian jkerian at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:10:52 BST 2006

This makes sense. Could we please get
http://developer.kde.org/policies/commitpolicy.html#17 updated to
remove examples of unacceptable non-standard tools "python, ruby".
Ideally, a listing of the major acceptable languages would be
appropriate here.

If I understand this thread correctly, currently:
Standard Tools include: C++, C, Ruby, Python (or potentially any other
language for which kde-bindings are in svn), cmake, all Qt utilities
(moc, uic, etc), all KDE utilities (kconfig_compiler, etc) +
dependencies of the above
Undesirable, but currently used/needed in some places: gcc-isms,
automake/conf, shell scripting