jstreams and strigi for KFileMetaInfo

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Wed Sep 27 20:01:47 BST 2006

Jos van den Oever napisaƂ(a):
>> I think there should be rather some plugin system for fetching this
>> metadata, so that KDE can use direct file reading/strigi based
>> backend/database backend/new super-fancy FS which caches this
>> metadata/etc.
>
> Well the metadata should come from somewhere. Storing can be done in
> different ways in Strigi. If a superduper filesystem comes along that
> allows indexed storage of metadata easily Strigi will get a backend
> for it. So the plugin you want would be on the strigi and not on the
> KDE level.

What you propose is KDE->Strigi->Strigi backends.
I propose KDE->Strigi KDE plugin->Strigi backends.
This way if using Strigi is not feasible, we can replace it with plugin
for direct reading or plugin for superduper filesystem. More flexibility :)

BTW. Thanks for putting Strigi presentation for Akademy on the web :)
You were the first person who did this, other talkers keep them secret ;)

	Krzysztof Lichota