jstreams and strigi for KFileMetaInfo

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 27 19:43:42 BST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 8:09, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Except that it's a separate process with IPC and marshalling involved.

the fact that strigi can cache the results is huge. we should be able to
pipeline requests (i'd hope, anyways) to minimize IPC slowdowns; and whilst
context switches and IPC are slower than loading a plugin once discovered,
moving disk heads unnecessarily is even more so.

we cache thumbnails for the same/similar reason.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Undulate Your Wantonness