objections to disallowing in-source builds in all KDE modules ?

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Wed Sep 27 18:48:08 BST 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 19:30, George Staikos wrote:
>   While I think it's the technically nice thing to do, I also think that it
> again raises the barrier to KDE development.  I think the majority of
> software builds in-source, at least by default, and that people are used to
> this.  It's something to think about.

I didn't even realize that this was still possible with the apps modules, but
I'd like to keep it.  (Actually I may reenable it in my own kdelibs builds,
if possible.)

I still find it more convenient to work in the source tree since my primary
interface for building and editing is the shell it means that I don't have to
have one shell open for make and another one for opening up source files.  I
assume I'm not alone in this style of development.

-Scott

--
Audience Member: "What was the hardest part of building TeX?"
Donald Knuth: "It was all pretty easy."