Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Tue Sep 26 15:40:17 BST 2006

David Faure napisaƂ(a):
> On Sunday 24 September 2006 17:07, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
>> I have come across the following problem: my Konqueror sidebar plugin
>> has to export some symbols from its library to be used in its plugins.
>
> So you have a plugin which itself has plugins? Interesting ;)

I am playing around with embedding Python scripts as extensions in
Konqueror :)
See: http://lichota.net/~krzysiek/projects/cbar/

> globalLibrary() has always been said to be "the right thing to do". So I wouldn't
> object to it being used there, as long as you check that it still all works - e.g. that
> the current plugins don't have symbol conflicts with the rest of the code [or with each other?].

Checking symbol conflicts for all plugins does not seem to be possible
for stable branch, as there might be some external plugins (not in KDE
tree) which rely on current behaviour.
So I think I will stick to current 2-library approach and maybe we
should change it for KDE 4, giving explicit contract for plugins that
they must not have conflicting symbols?

	Krzysztof Lichota