Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Sun Sep 24 16:07:44 BST 2006

I have come across the following problem: my Konqueror sidebar plugin
has to export some symbols from its library to be used in its plugins.

Current implementation of Konqueror sidebar uses KLibLoader::library()
method, which does not make loaded plugin symbols visible.
See:
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdebase/konqueror/sidebar/sidebar_widget.cpp?v=3.5-branch#179
and
http://lxr.kde.org/source/KDE/kdebase/konqueror/sidebar/sidebar_widget.cpp?v=3.5-branch#871

Is this done on purpose, due to some policy, performance issues or
something else?
If not, would a patch changing this lines to use
KLibLoader::globalLibrary() be accepted if I create and test it?

Or maybe you could suggest doing something else to make konqueror
sidebar library export its symbols? Currently I have to create
additional "sidebar plugin loader" library for the sole purpose of

TIA

	Krzysztof Lichota