KTempFile->QTemporaryFile

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Sat Sep 16 15:10:01 BST 2006

On Monday 11 September 2006 21:44, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> On Monday 11 September 2006 7:19 pm, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > >P.S. Perhaps temp location would be a good freedesktop addition?
> >
> > It's already standardised in FHS and, therefore, the LSB. In non-Linux
> > systems, /tmp is the de-facto standard. I don't know where MacOS X would
> > store them, though.
>
> If it is the standard why does KDE has some official kde tmp location?

I am surprised that we should use /tmp directly.

If I remember well, there have been plenty of security advices against
programs using /tmp directly in the past, as they are vulnerable to symlinks
attack, as far as I have understood.

So personally I do not understand why KDE should again use /tmp directly (and
why Qt uses it).

> -Benjamin Meyer

Have a nice day!