QT_NO_STL in KDE4

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Sep 12 16:19:16 BST 2006

On Tuesday 12 September 2006 16:56, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> kleag at free.fr wrote:
> >Is there a reason why cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake defines by
> > default QT_NO_STL ?

Because kde3 did - that's the only reason so far.

> Probably to encourage the use of the QTL classes only. KDE and Qt API must
> use them, instead of the STL equivalents.

But using the STL algorithms on the QTL classes can be quite useful. If you don't
believe me I'll send you a Marc Mutz :)

This is a recurring discussion, but I think we shouldn't define QT_NO_STL, especially
now that the suggested build options for qt (in qt-copy) don't include -no-stl anymore.