Features for the new bugzilla?

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Sep 11 16:09:49 BST 2006

On Monday 11 September 2006 16:59, Will Entriken wrote:
> Bugzilla features? I've got one in mind: pledges/bounties.
>
> Just create an extra type of vote: dollars. I mail in $100 to KDE e.v.
> and I get a credit of 100 dollar votes. I use those votes as normal.
>
> When the bug gets squashed, that money goes to the developer or they
> may send it back to KDE.
>
> Bounties are on my list of big social things to change in KDE, now
> seems like a great time.

Why think so small?  I mean, as long as we're having a big thread about
bugzilla features that nobody actually intends to implement, why not have it
bugzilla come up with its own revenue stream and pay you directly from that?
I mean, with all of these mails I keep getting about ways to get rich, it
can't be that hard, right?

While we're at it, we can probably use a new resolution for features
developers want called DOITYOURSELF, which I think would apply to most of the
things in this thread.  (*)

-Scott

(*) This one, however, would almost certainly be blocked for non-technical
reasons...

--
Three words: you have no clue
-Slashdot