KTempFile->QTemporaryFile

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Sun Sep 10 22:40:59 BST 2006

Le dimanche 10 septembre 2006 21:48, Richard Moore a écrit :
> On 9/10/06, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote:
> > I don't know about the auto-remove default. It looks to me like it should
> > auto-remove: my $KDETMP is filled with stale temporary files.
>
> I tend to agree with this - a bug where the file is removed too early
> will be noticed as stuff will break. A bug where the file is left
> behind will probably not get fixed.

On the other hand, the first bug may have bad consequence (a feature not
working),  while having the file left on the disk is not a critical issue
since it will be removed on reboot on most of machines.

Also, the fact it will be noticed depends of how well the software is tested.
The bug also depends of some border cases that doesn't appears always.

But for me, keeping Qt behavior, for consistency, is probably better.