KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Sep 7 22:40:21 BST 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 17:24, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Thursday 07 September 2006 20:33, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> > > OK.
> >
> > Ok, I'll do that.
>
> Done for FindKDE4Internal.cmake.
>
> In the cmake file it now reads as:
>
> # Copyright (c) 2006, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org>
> # Copyright (c) 2006, Laurent Montel, <montel at kde.org>
> #
> # Redistribution and use is allowed according to the terms of the BSD license,
> # for details see the accompanying COYPING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS file.
                                                         ^^^ COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS^^

I'd rather see two separate sentences:
# Redistribution and use is allowed according to the terms of the BSD license.
# For details see the accompanying COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS file.

> with COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS:
>
> --------8<--------------8<-----------------8<----------------8<--------------
>
> Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
> modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
> are met:
>
> 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
>    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
> 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
>    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
>    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
> 3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products
>    derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
>
> THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
> IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
> OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
> IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
> INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
> NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
> DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
> THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
> (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
> THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

> Is it a problem that the license says: "above copyright notice", but since
> this is an extra file, there is no copyright notice above, but in an extra
> file ?
Remove the word "above" from the COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS  file.

> Is it ok that the short statement does't say "in source or binary form" ? (how
> should a cmake script in binary form look like ?)

I think it is ok.

--
KDE: Same Thing We Do Everyday... Try to Conquer the World