Adding ThreadWeaver libraries to kdelibs

Frans Englich englich at kde.org
Thu Sep 7 12:28:45 BST 2006

On Thursday 07 September 2006 07:35, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 6. September 2006 17:16 schrieb Mirko Boehm:
> > Of course I hate that idea. But for the sake of uniformity, why not.
> >
> > As a humble suggestion, the scheme where file names match class names and
> > directory names match namespaces (also when it comes to case) is so much
> > more 2006 than "all lowercase".
>
> We're still looking for a way to autogenerate header files that match class
> names, but for the sources in kdelibs we want lowercase file names.

And I just don't get why.

Apparently many thinks providing includes that map 1:1 to class names is a
good thing. Why is that only provided for users? Why should the developers
have a hard time finding out where stuff is, and have a different file/class
names?

In Webkit they have the one-class-in-one-file and class-name-equals-file-name
principles, because it makes the source easier to navigate and improves
hackability, /they/ say. I also practice that and for the same reasons.

Cheers,

		Frans