KDE/kdelibs/cmake/modules

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Wed Sep 6 21:37:13 BST 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 10:00:32PM +0200, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 September 2006 21:37, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> > it's not okay to have a license only in kdelibs and refer to it from
> > the other tar-balls. things are probably different for svn and they
> > *are* different for split-up packages. point is, every separately
> > distributed entity must carry a full license. and you may not assume
> > on-line access - it must be on the same medium as the licensed
> > material itself.
>
> How about putting a COPYING-CMAKE-SCRIPTS (which contains the BSD
> license) in every modules in the same directory as the cmake scripts
> and then reference it in every file ?

i'm pretty sure that's fine, otherwise about every tar-ball would have
no proper license. :)
i think it would be even ok to have it only once in svn and have make
dist copy it into every tar-ball, as toma suggested. after all, the svn
repo is one distribution entity (the global revision numbers prove it,
if somebody should challenge it :).