Adding ThreadWeaver libraries to kdelibs

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Wed Sep 6 11:20:24 BST 2006

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 21:35, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I think ThreadWeaver is ready for prime time. If you haven't followed it:
> ThreadWeaver is a job queue that had advanced capabilities for automatic
> scheduling of application operations. As far as I know, kdevelop, koffice
> and kdepim are using it or plan to use it as soon as it is commonly
> available.

Do they have a copy in their code or require the lib or svn symlink or ... ?

> ThreadWeaver is developed in kdenonbeta at the moment, and usually snapshot
> and point-released when it reaches a certain new useful state. It is
> tested, known to be stable, and comes with a set of unit tests.

Sorry, I deleted kdenonbeta long ago, where exactly is it?  Why was it never
moved to playground?  Coming from kdenonbeta, does it even use cmake?

> I would like to suggest to add the two main libraries - the Weaver library
> that contains the job queue and surrounding classes, and the WeaverGui
> library that holds everything that depends on QtGui, and the accompanying
> unit tests, into kdelibs. I guess it will be best to import the snapshot
> point releases into kdelibs, to maintain a state where everything works and
> is tested, and update as needed. I will take care of the updating.

Do you want it in one of the existing libraries or as stand alone?

> As for the rest, I would like to move it to kdesdk. Unstable versions
> should be kept and tagged and merged as needed.
>
> Please let me know what you think about it.
>
> Take care,
> --Mirko.

Has anyone reviewed the docs, api, and autotests?  Does it have an
example/demo application?

-Benjamin Meyer