Adding ThreadWeaver libraries to kdelibs

Mirko Boehm mirko at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 20:35:29 BST 2006

Hi folks,

I think ThreadWeaver is ready for prime time. If you haven't followed it:
ThreadWeaver is a job queue that had advanced capabilities for automatic
scheduling of application operations. As far as I know, kdevelop, koffice and
kdepim are using it or plan to use it as soon as it is commonly available.

ThreadWeaver is developed in kdenonbeta at the moment, and usually snapshot
and point-released when it reaches a certain new useful state. It is tested,
known to be stable, and comes with a set of unit tests.

I would like to suggest to add the two main libraries - the Weaver library
that contains the job queue and surrounding classes, and the WeaverGui
library that holds everything that depends on QtGui, and the accompanying
unit tests, into kdelibs. I guess it will be best to import the snapshot
point releases into kdelibs, to maintain a state where everything works and
is tested, and update as needed. I will take care of the updating.

As for the rest, I would like to move it to kdesdk. Unstable versions should
be kept and tagged and merged as needed.

Please let me know what you think about it.

Take care,
--Mirko.

--
KDE e.V.: http://ev.kde.org