Future of some functions in the class KCharsets

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Tue Sep 5 16:47:03 BST 2006

On Sunday 03 September 2006 12:54, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
[...]
> First the entity functions. There are four of them:
> KCharsets::fromEntity (in two variants)
> KCharsets::toEntity
> KCharsets::resolveEntity
>
> As the functions are not related to QTextCodec and as the KCharsets class
> has changed its main purpose since Qt2/KDE2, I intend to move them out in
> they own class.
>
> I propose the name KEntity for that class. (I have chosen the singular
> form, as there is already a file entities.c which is related.)

Perhaps the class could be named KSgmlEntity so that it would not have a
direct relation to KHTML.

The modified function names could be:
KSgmlEntity::fromHtmlEntity
KSgmlEntity::resolveHtmlEntity
KSgmlEntity::toNumericalEntity

The advantage of this name is that the class could be extended if similar
services are needed for something other than HTML.

[...]

Have a nice day!