FEATURE: Forcing DPI setting for fonts

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Sep 4 16:02:20 BST 2006

On Sunday 03 September 2006 17:17, Simon Edwards wrote:
> On Sunday 27 August 2006 11:31, Germain Garand wrote:
> > I heard it does.. and some distributors add their own fixed Xft.dpi value
> > in Xresources files.
>
> Kubuntu Dapper Drake fiddles with the DPI setting to improve font
> rendering. In practice it seems to work out quite well. Here are the
> details of what it does exactly for anyone interested:

 Yeah, I know. The point is, my fonts look perfectly fine here even with the
real DPI (unless there's something wrong with my eyes or I've gotten so used
to bad fonts). And, of course, the technical problems pointed out by Germain.
It kinda makes me feel insane for trying to push in a feature that nobody
should use.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz