Docbook Errors

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 17:15:25 BST 2006

I'm getting lots of the following types of errors while making the kymymoney CVS head after configuring with "--enable-pdf-docs":

   make[4]: Leaving directory usr/local/src/kmymoney2_sandbox/km2_cvshead_mymods/doc/en'
   jade -t tex -d /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dsssl-stylesheets/print/docbook.dsl -D `dirname /usr/share/apps/ksgmltools2/customization/kde-chunk.xsl` -D /usr/share/doc/HTML/en/common index.docbook
   jade:/usr/share/sgml/openjade-1.3.2/style-sheet.dtd:11:2:E: unknown declaration type "element"

I looked in /usr/share/sgml/openjade-1.3.2/style-sheet.dtd and see that maybe "<!element ..." should be <!ELEMENT ..." and "<!attlist ..." should be "<!ATTLIST ..."  as in normal DTD language, but I'm not real familiar with docbook/jade/dsssl and friends.  If that is so, there are a LOT of errors
due to lack of capitalization.  As far as I can tell I have all the current development stuff for this.

One of the kmymoney developers report no such problem.

I have looked around the web for docbook and dsssl help on the tool chain but it's hard to find complete tool chain setup info.

Does anyone have any hints?  Are there any special environment variables necessary?

I am using Fedora Core 5 with latest updates of kde, openjade, docbook, etc.

Thanks.

-Tom