RFC: KToolBox

Matt Broadstone mbroadst at gmail.com
Sat Sep 2 23:11:24 BST 2006

On 9/2/06, Thomas Zander <zander at kde.org> wrote:
> On Saturday 2 September 2006 23:05, Matt Broadstone wrote:
> > (not like ANYONE uses
> > the QToolBox in kdelibs and kdebase, hopefully because it was too ugly
> > :)
>
> My guess would be that the general class has severe usability issues.
> Having to move the mouse up and down along the whole height to choose a
> different page is no fun.
> --
> Thomas Zander
Well isn't that just lazy :) I'm sorry, do you use QtDesigner? Same
thing goes with that toolbox and we don't seem to have usability
complains regarding that.. Don't stuff it full of so much stuff if its
going to be such a problem, and if you need to fill it with that much
stuff then perhaps you are using the wrong widget. Meanwhile, having
scrollbars on every open page is a usability and visual nightmare
imho.

Matt