Ctrl+Y shortcut for redo

Nicolas Goutte nicolasg at snafu.de
Fri Sep 1 19:08:31 BST 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 19:45, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Friday 1 September 2006 18:39, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > KDE/Windows/Mac people. Less to maintain and from this thread its
> > > apparent that its not being used anyway.
> >
> > i don't think either of those assertions are supported in any way.
>
> Then answer me this;
>
> why do we have different Win/KDE shortcuts schemes if people want to
> change the KDE one based on Windows migration ?

If I remember well, we had decided to make the KDE-mode shortcuts
GNOME-compatible, e.g. no Alt-F4, which is surprising for GNOME users.
However Windows-mode shortcuts are as much as possible like Windows'
shortcuts.

But of course some shortcuts are well-known and often used and therefore
(somewhat) expected.

> And its not just some people that are considering this, but actually
> people that do have the power to ignore application developers and known
> usability practice (by not following the 'you are not your user') and
> just go ahead and do it. To be frank, that worries me.

Have a nice day!