D-Bus and Mac OS X

Marijn Kruisselbrink m.kruisselbrink at student.tue.nl
Fri Sep 1 12:18:34 BST 2006

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Isn't there any script that is run during the user login process?

The launchd process takes care both of system-global and per session
deamons. The first can be specified either in /Library/LaunchDeamons or
/System/Library/LaunchDeamons, and the session local deamons (called
agents in launchd-terminology) are specified in /Library/LaunchAgents,
/System/Library/LaunchAgents or ~/Library/LaunchAgents.

Benjamin Reed wrote:

> Unfortunately, that's where my knowledge ends.  :)  Does anyone have
> experience with one or both on OSX and mind helping me out on trying
> to implement this?  Does this seem like the right way to go about
> this?
I don't think i have any more experience than you do, but if wouldn't
mind trying to assist you, i welcome anything that makes KDE behave
better on OSX.

Marijn Kruisselbrink