D-Bus and Mac OS X

Benjamin Reed rangerrick at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 04:19:22 BST 2006

So I'm trying to figure out a nice way to get D-Bus working with KDE
and Mac OS X.

The problem is, the only way to manipulate a user's environment at the
finder level is to edit ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist, and then, it only
works after you log out and back in.

The "proper" way to handle such things, at least on 10.4, is to use
launchd.  The way it works is, we would have to add launchd support to
D-Bus (which means being able to talk to launchd to provision sockets
for talking to users) and to QtDBus (ask launchd for the socket to use
to communicate with the session bus).

Unfortunately, that's where my knowledge ends.  :)  Does anyone have
experience with one or both on OSX and mind helping me out on trying
to implement this?  Does this seem like the right way to go about
this?