Virtual MimeTypes support patch

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 20:05:38 BST 2006

The solution given here:
 http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2005-November/007544.html
is not entirely clear to me.
If I understand correctly, each plugin may add support for additional
mimetypes, so the part of the .desktop file that talks about mimetype
support for an application should be dynamic. How will the proposed
XML format solve this? Also I'm not sure 'virtual mimetypes' is a good
description of what you want. You probably mean 'virtual' as in
'virtual function'. Outside of C++, this meaning may not be as clear
as it is for C++ programmers. I dont have a better suggestion by the
way, because 'dynamic' is even worse.

Cheers,
Jos