A KSelectAction dedicated to QTextCodec selection ?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Oct 17 12:20:40 BST 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 00:25, Michel Hermier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just commited the code available here:
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/kopete/protocols/irc/ui/kcodecaction.cpp?rev=588417&view=auto
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdenetwork/kopete/protocols/irc/ui/kcodecaction.h?rev=588417&view=auto

Shouldn't the MIB stuff be removed? AFAIK it's gone from Qt4, it all works with names now.

Hmm. Honestly I don't see the value that this class has. It looks like it doesn't do much,
a KSelectAction initialized with availableEncodingNames() and a codecForName() call in the
application would do the same. I'm all for modularity of course so writing a KCodecAction for
it isn't a bad idea per se, but as one more class to maintain in kdelibs I don't see the point
of a class that has basically 3 lines of logic (the rest is straightforward derived-class stuff).

I guess it boils down to how many apps would use it, and I'm not sure the count goes up to 5.