Popular Keyboard shortcuts (Was: RFC: KDE4, KMix and a public Mixer API)

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Oct 11 13:05:16 BST 2006

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 12:47, David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 October 2006 12:38, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > > (And such a redesign could also fix the current #include of cpp files
> > > hacks to make up the kcontrol module for global shortcuts; instead apps
> > > could install some files and the kded and kcontrol modules could read
> > > from that, for instance).
> >
> >  I somehow doubt that the increased complexity would make up for just
> > avoiding the few #includes.
>
> The point is that apps not in kdebase would be able to have configurable
> global shortcuts too, which isn't the case currently.

 It is. They just don't show up in the kcontrol module, but it's a question if
they should anyway. It's already a bit crowded and would I really go there to
configure shortcuts e.g. for a media player?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz