KIO Job interactivity

Paulo Moura Guedes moura at kdewebdev.org
Wed Oct 11 01:45:10 BST 2006

On Tuesday 10 October 2006 23:44, David Faure wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 October 2006 23:07, Paulo Moura Guedes wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > AFAIK, it isn't possible to stop KIO prompting for the allowance of
> > certificates, etc.
> > This is a little annoying in a program like KLinkStatus, for example,
> > which isn't supposed to be interactive.
> > I would like to know your opinion about adding a non interactive option
> > for KIO jobs (with configurable default behavior) or at least a way to
> > know if the job is waiting for user input.
>
> KIO::Job::setInteractive exists already, don't add any new option.

That's right sorry.

> However it's not used for certificates indeed.

So what I would need is:

- setInteractive() to be honored for certificates
- in case on non interactiveness, instead of ERR_USER_CANCELED, some error
that make clear what the problem is, like the certificate is not valid or it
needs authentication
- a way to know if the job is waiting for user input

What do the core guys think?

Paulo