Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Alfredo Beaumont alfredo.beaumont at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 09:23:53 BST 2006

Larunbata 07 Urria 2006 22:02(e)an, Aaron J. Seigo(e)k idatzi zuen:
> On Saturday 07 October 2006 12:39, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > The reallity why JavaScript (and an hypothetic Basic interpreter) aren't
> > sufficient for KOffice compared to ruby and python, is that neither of
> > them
>
> which, of course, flies in the face of the use of basic in microsoft's
> office products. it may not be pretty to our (developer) standards, but it
> works and a lot of people love it (sadly ;)

MS Office and OpenOffice offer a, IMHO, very limited scripting capability
compared to what we want to offer with KOffice. Basic is not enough for that
and we don't want to condemn our users (administrators) to that. As Boudewijn
said, basic is the answer for one use case, which is, essentially,
migration/compatibility of MSOffice/OOo users, but we need something else for
other use cases.

--
Alfredo Beaumont Sainz
http://www.alfredobeaumont.org/blog.cgi