Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Wed Oct 4 09:16:13 BST 2006

Yes I agree. And in the light of what Richard Dale said:

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 06:58, Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk wrote:
> But having ubiquitous javascript
> scripting and well designed dbus apis is a very important goal, and will not
> add anything much in the way of bloat as far as I can see.

The kross library works using dbus binding. Which means, that with kross you
get a good dbus binding, and support for any languages supported by it.

And as with kross, interpreters (python, ruby and kjs) are plugins, they are
loaded only if the given language is installed on the machine. So no extra
bloat if you don't want those other languages on your computer.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---