Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Oct 3 17:41:00 BST 2006

On Sunday 01 October 2006 19:25, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > Then we already have three script interpreters+runtimes+bindings hogging
> > memory and drowning performance.
>
> Well I did some benchmark with krita 1.6svn. Using ps, if anyone knows a
> better way to profile memory consumption, I am ready to give it a try.

 Yes, I do, exmap (http://www.berthels.co.uk/exmap/) and its effective usage
value. Tools like ps are so pathetic memory measurement tools that it doesn't
even make sense to have a serious look at your figures, sorry.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz