Using scripting languages for KDE4 main modules

Stephen Leaf smileaf at smileaf.org
Tue Oct 3 17:03:00 BST 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 10:46 am, Stephen Leaf wrote:
> As for ruby, all of the examples I looked at made my head spin. I found I
> almost had to read every line backwards in order to figure out what it was
> trying to do. Those "simple" examples just made my head spin with the
> "Why?" and "could they have possibly made this any more complex?"
> half of them I couldn't even figure what they were doing even with the
> description of what it did.
I hate replying to my own but I wanted to insert this before anyone goes wtf?
on me.

I'm reading the website once again and it looks like they finally got some
better documenters... the examples are MUCH! more readable now.

before it was a bunch of
square = square*square  while square < 1000
which is why I said I had to read it backwards.

wouldn't suprise me if they had a:
square += 1 if square > 0 while square < 50
that was a year or more ago.

and I guess I'm not far enough in the document to find the other weird things
they had before under "simple"

Do they really expect you to use a special character like "ยป" or am I reading
that wrong??