RFC: Making focus information visible for panes

Maksim Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Wed Nov 29 14:49:03 GMT 2006

> On Wed Nov 29 2006, Maksim Orlovich wrote:
>>
>> > Styles use the palette given to them... So I disagree. Color is the
>> > palette's job, not the style's.
>>
>> Qt disagrees. QStyle::polish(QPalette).
>
> Ok the style has a hook into the palette. So? I think a widget adjusting a
> palette is still OK, isn't it?

Generally, but IMHO a widget messing with the palette or trying to bypass
the style for drawing is basically playing with fire, and is likely to
backfire the moment the style does something creative....

When you hardcode stuff like that in the widget, you're making assumptions
about how the widget looks.