KDE/kdelibs

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Tue Nov 28 22:29:26 GMT 2006

Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
> Sebastian Sauer schrieb:
>> Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>>> SVN commit 608869 by chehrlic:
>>>
>>> add KROSSCORE_EXPORT - is this the only export macro for kross?
>>
>> there also exists a KROSS_EXPORT. But since core is so far the only part
>> that really exports classes while everything else uses Qt's introspection
>> I guess it's not needed to have the visibility also defined for e.g.
>> kross/modules/form.h, or?
>> Also KROSS_EXPORT and KROSSCORE_EXPORT are already defined in
>> kross/core/krossconfig.h and imho it would be nicer to have them within
>> the kross directory to be able to extract the source or parts of it
>> easily (e.g. to provide later a Qt-only mode like kjsembed has). Or is it
>> some kind of general policy or just needed to have them always at
>> kdelibs_export* (iof yes please explain why or point me to a link, so
>> that I am able to learn for the future :)?
>>
> I did not noticed that there is already a definition because the normal
> way in kdelibs was to add them to kdelibs_export.h. Don't know if this
> is the way it must be or the way it should... we've to ask.

Looks as we already got a reply at kde-cvs from dfaure saying;
"I am very much in favour of modularity, so krossconfig.h is indeed a much
better place for it."
(/me hopes it's ok to use citations here without breaking any
software-patents :-)

Also it seems, that at least kjsembed does the same (export defined in
kjsembed/kjsembed/global.h rather then in kdelibs_export.h). So, looks for me
as it's ok to have it defined (only) within the krossconfig.h. But on the
other hand other parts like kjs define there exports in kdelibs_export.h
while it's commented out in kjs/global.h.cmake (but only used in kjs/*) So,
at least it's not consistent.

> Did you also add the export for windows there? see kdelibs_export_win.h.

y, see kross/core/krossconfig.h (those part was copied from koffice_core.h).

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc