NEPOMUK-KDE next step and real KDE integration

Krzysztof Lichota krzysiek at lichota.net
Fri Nov 24 09:42:46 GMT 2006

Sebastian Trüg napisał(a):
> At aKademy in Dublin the idea came up to replace KMetaFileInfo with strigi. I
> think libksemantic could do a good job here. Just create the Resource object
> for the file and get all meta information gathered by strigi plus other
> semantic information.

This is exactly the point, why I opposed to replacing KMetaFileInfo with
Strigi - we should always provide extensibility, so that new features
can be added.

Now, I suggest we do not replace KMetaFileInfo with Nepomuk, but create
and interface/protocol and plugin infrastructure for getting this
metainfo :)

My 2c.

	Krzysztof Lichota