QComboBox lost its USER property

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Wed Nov 22 08:42:40 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 01:11, Szombathelyi Gyorgy wrote:
> In the qt-copy change
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/qt-copy/src/gui/widgets/qcombobox.h?rev=591539&
>r1=575649&r2=591539
>
> the QComboBox class lost its USER property. Is it a wanted thing or not?
> (If it is, then KConfigDialogManager need to be adjusted).

The reason for that change is because we figured that there is no definite
USER property for the combobox. Initially the current item index was marked
as such, but that's not correct from the user's perspective and it breaks
with editable comboboxes. The current text that the user sees is right from
the user's perspective but it breaks with KConfigDialogManager or
QDataWidgetMapper since what you want to save in your program is sometimes an
integer index.

Simon