drkonqi crashes

André Wöbbeking Woebbeking at kde.org
Mon Nov 20 23:47:46 GMT 2006

Hi,

today I had a crash in Konqueror and drkonqi came up. I tried "Bug
report" and in the following dialog "Include Backtrace" I pressed the
button "Generate". After some time of generating the backtrace drkonqi
crashed (just disappeared without another message).

This is caused by kdebase/drkonqi/toplevel.cpp line 202:

  m_bugreport->setText(buf);

which is:

void DrKBugReport::setText(const QString &str)
{
  m_lineedit->setText(str);
  m_startstring = str.simplifyWhiteSpace();
}

The problem is that m_lineedit is 0. This happens if
KAboutData::bugAddress() == "submit at bugs.kde.org"
(the default).

Shouldn't the dialog "Include Backtrace" be skipped in this case?

Cheers,
André