Problem with keeping persistent Konqueror window

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Nov 20 12:14:57 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 00:10, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> David Faure napisaƂ(a):
> > On Sun Nov 19 2006, Krzysztof Lichota wrote:
> >> I am trying to do pretty simple thing with Konqueror window, but it
> >> appears none of the approaches I have tried work.
> >> I want to do the following: keep one Konqueror window hidden and show it
> >> (quickly) when user clicks a button on Kicker.

 I think that's called minimizing, actually.

> >> When user closes the
> >> window, window should close, but Konqueror instance should stay open to
> >> show the window quickly when button is pressed.
> >
> > ??? That's konqueror's default behavior, when preloading is not disabled.
>
> Preloading is usually enabled only for file management.
> And I need to use some other profile, my own.
> Is there any way to preload Konqueror for other profile?

 It doesn't depend on the profile but on the loaded views and it is
configurable. Seach kdebase/konqueror and subdirs for "SAFE" (this
capitalization), it'll find all relevant places.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz