Okular moving

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Nov 17 21:05:45 GMT 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 17:01, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 05:36:23PM +0000, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> > On Friday 17 November 2006 14:19, mETz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > > Maybe allow copying text/images to clipboard but that's
> > > about it. If I want to crop/rotate/rearrange some document then I want
> > > to _edit_ it and not _view_ it (and for editing I use gimp, openoffice,
> > > kate and kile)
> >
> > Right. The problem is: none of the applications you mention can edit
> > *PDF* documents. And PDF is one of the core formats handled by these
> > applications we discuss in this threat.
> Well, kviewshell can't _edit_ PDF either, it uses some external
> libraries to do a subset of possible tasks.

I didn't argue pro or contra kviewshell or kpdf. I argued against
the artificially erected wall between viewer and editor.   :-)

(And I don't even know which one of these [or their respective
development versions] has editing capabilities -- I have currently
no personal Linux computer to work with and will have to be patient
until, hopefully, in a few weeks I have access to a Linux-notebook
again.)