Okular moving

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Thu Nov 16 19:35:47 GMT 2006

On Thursday, November 16, 2006 02:27:51 PM Tobias Koenig wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2006 at 10:16:17AM +0100, Stefan Kebekus wrote:
> > Hello,
> Hi,
>
> > Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that oKular does not support the
> > following features
> Hmm, okular is aimed to be a document _viewer_ not an document editor,
> so all the insert/remove/modify features don't call.
>
> If you want to edit documents use real document editors (e.g. Scribus)
> and not an drilled out viewer, that's a bad choice design wise.
>
> > DVI:
> > - inverse and forward search, an important feature for people writing TeX
> > documents, and an important feature of, e.g. the kile editor
> Yes, usfull for TeX writers but not for user Joe.

> Honestly this whole 'my app is better than yours' discussion is just
> childish, lets the user decide what they prefer... and don't forget,
> we're developing free software, so everybody can use the app which fits
> best his needs.

I agree.. except.. at some point don't we have to decide on a default
app to launch when a user clicks on a ps,pdf,dvi,... icon?

I almost would suggest bringing kpdf back, keeping things as in KDE3.
And then users/distributions can choose between Ligature, oKular over kpdf.

--
This is my KDE signature