Okular moving

Stefan Kebekus stefan.kebekus at math.uni-koeln.de
Tue Nov 14 09:16:17 GMT 2006

Hello,

as far as I see, there are substantial differences in Ligature and oKular when
it comes to DVI and PDF files. I feel that these are quite important for a
number of people.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that oKular does not support the
following features

DVI:
- inverse and forward search, an important feature for people writing TeX
documents, and an important feature of, e.g. the kile editor that uses
kdvi/kviewshell

- it seems that oKular uses old-fashioned Metafont fonts, instead of modern
Type1 or TrueType

- Exporting DVI files to other formats (Text, PS, PDF, ...)

- Graphic file inclusion

DJVU:
- removing/inserting pages

PS:
- removing/inserting pages

- editing PDF metadata

PDF:
- setting of page backgrounds

- removing/inserting pages

- editing PDF metadata

- inverse and forward search, as with DVI, for people using the TeX
typesetting system

Best,

Stefan.
--