secondary window titles

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Tue Nov 14 15:22:13 GMT 2006

Hi!

In fact, having windows with just "File Open.." on Windoze systems has already
bugged me several times.  (If you don't use them immediately, but later,
there is indeed no visible indication of which program they belong to.) IMHO
that's a bug.

On Tuesday, 14. November 2006 12:00, David Jarvie wrote:
> If KDE is a desktop environment, it doesn't matter whether it adheres to
> existing standards on OS X or Windows, because it will be used in place of
> the existing desktops on those platforms.
Agreed.

> On the other hand, if KDE
> applications are to be run outside the KDE desktop, they presumably need to
> adhere to non-KDE conventions.
Agreed.  Show people the advantages of a KDE desktop, where you know which
program wants you to choose a file. ;-)

The only disadvantage may be that people think: KDE (as a DE) is not so
different, see: This KDE program is very similar to other Windows programs.
But that's the price to pay for consistency I guess, which is a preliminary
for a DE's usability IMHO.

Ciao, /  /
     /--/
    /  / ANS