secondary window titles

Stephen Leaf smileaf at smileaf.org
Tue Nov 14 14:59:36 GMT 2006

I personally think the KDE conventions are the best anyway. And would hate to
see KDE screw them up for other platform users. for the sake of consistency
with the other platform.

If we did have an option to make it consistent with other environments then
we'd have to supply that for a pure kde system also. Otherwise the user will
think those conventions _are_ the KDE conventions and then later when they
try to use a pure KDE system could get all confused.

Also depending on what convention is changed it could change and more
complicate things for others while trying to help them with a problem.
What conventions would we adhere to? menu layouts?, window titles? button
placements? would we even have a KDE system after all is said and done?

While I think of that I think of many of us trying to help a kubuntu user use
their kcontrol to configure something or tell them where a menu option they
can't find is. 90% of the time we always tell them to go to #kubuntu
I'd rather not have to ask: kde version, platform/distribution, and finally,
what platform's conventions do you use?
I can't imagine how many "Huh??" "what do you mean conventions?" we'd get.

And to go even further, What is the point of having a HIG team anyway if we
are just going to use other's? sure to develop ours but what's the point if
you have only half of the comunity using it?
how consistent is that?
that's like forcing a RedHat guy to go fix a Debian user's computer.
Lets keep KDE consistent shall we?

Stephen Leaf