secondary window titles

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Mon Nov 13 17:02:23 GMT 2006

On Monday 13 November 2006 17:18, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Monday 13 November 2006 6:44, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > I would like to propose that in KDE 4 our secondary windows wont
> > automatically append the application name.  This will make us consistant
> > with the other desktop enviornments.
>
> other than consistency what are the benefits?

Perhaps we might not have to subclass some dialogs from Qt just to set the
caption, but consistency is the biggest reason especially sense we want to
start launching our applications in OS X and windows.

> a negative side effect of this change would be not knowing what application
> a file dialog applies to by just looking at it.

Have you ever had that problem?  The dialog is model so when you click on
KMail the file dialog pops up on top.

-Benjamin Meyer