Okular moving

Pino Toscano toscano.pino at tiscali.it
Sun Nov 12 21:34:59 GMT 2006

Hello,

as you might know, okular, the KPDF successor for KDE 4, is currently being
developed in the graphics playground. Because of not worth porting efforts,
KPDF was removed some time ago from kdegraphics. As okular is basically an
improved version of KPDF with a different name, the okular team would like to
move it to an high-level module (like kdegraphics).

Currently, okular is a quite usable KDE 4 application, that can read more or
less perfectly various document formats (PDF, PS, DjVu, TIFF, DVI, and basic
support for Xps and ODT).
We have an usability expert, Florian Graessle, that constantly analyzes okular
from an usability point of view, suggesting usable solutions for the fitfalls
he finds.
Furthermore, we started improving KPDF documentation to include okular new
features. Not complete yet, but the new features are being described as soon
as they get stable.
And, many people thinks okular would be a cool application for a KDE 4
desktop ;)

So, can we move okular to kdegraphics?

Pino Toscano in name of the okular team