Future of KSSL

Michel Hermier michel.hermier at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 19:46:14 GMT 2006

2006/11/12, Brad Hards <bradh at frogmouth.net>:
> On Sunday 12 November 2006 22:39, Michel Hermier wrote:
> > > Konversation should probably be ported to use the KIO framework. It
> > > appears to use code that was originally borrowed from kopete, which is no
> > > longer using it. Similar for the groupwise resource.
> >
> > It was removed durring the port to KDE4, until KSSL comes with a
> > better solution (at least for the IRC plugin). So I think we still
> > want to use the KSSL code (at least for the gui common parts, if not
> > more).
> What is "It" in the first sentence? There are at least three possibilities
> (some part of Konversation,kopete or the groupwise resource).

By it I meant the code that was using KSSL, in kopete so the IRC
plugin and the groupwise one (and maybe others).

> For whatever "It" is, can you be more precise about what you mean by the "gui
> common parts", and what else you actually need for Qt4?

Well we need to know what will be the way to create a secure socket,
and we will conform to that.
In addition we need to be able to manage the SSL keys for servers, and
be able to create socket that will use these keys. Maybe we also need
to dynamically accept/manage keys on these socket when trying to
connect.

That's all I think for now. If some have other ideas ?

Michel