File Open/Save not remembering Simple/Detail setting.

Gary Cramblitt garycramblitt at comcast.net
Wed Nov 8 02:01:14 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 07 November 2006 07:49, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Monday 06 November 2006 00:22, Gary Cramblitt wrote:
> > The KDE File Open/Save dialog does not remember the Simple/Detail
> > setting. Attached patch fixes.  OK to commit?
>
> Not sure if this is the right way, the constructor only sets the default
> value. KDirOperator::readConfig() should read the configuration and store
> it in the 'defaultView' member. KFileDialog later explicitly calls
> diroperator->setView( KFile::Default ), taking the 'defaultView' into
> account. I'd guess that something else is broken, so that the call setView(
> KFile::Default ) somehow doesn't happen.

Thanks for the lead Carsten.

The problem is that the show method changed from virtual in Qt3 to non-virtual
in Qt4, so KFileDialog::show() wasn't being called, which in turn was not
calling setView(KFile::Default).  So let's try this patch, which should be
applied to trunk/KDE/kdelibs/kio/kfile directory.

--
Gary Cramblitt (aka PhantomsDad)