Patch for kdemultimedia: Make libkcddb find multi-id files in local cache

Richard Lärkäng larkang at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 12:41:20 GMT 2006

On Saturday 04 November 2006 20:09, Tilman Vogel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Some cddb/freedb records relate to multiple disc ids. These have DISCID
> fields like
>
> DISCID=9d0a830c,a30a830c
>
> instead of
>
> DISCID=9d0a830c
>
> Accordingly, libkcddb caches those locally in files like
>
> ~/.cddb/misc/9d0a830c,a30a830c
>
> Without the patch, libkcddb is doing the lookup for records in the local
> cache by looking for, e.g.
>
> ~/.cddb/*/9d0a830c
>
> which obviously fails in this case.
>
> The attached patch changes the search such, that it adds all records
> matching
>
> ~/.cddb/*/*9d0a830c*
>
> I hope, you find it useful. I'd be glad if you could include it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Tilman

Thanks for the patch, but I'm not sure if this is really the right solution to
the problem. If I remember correctly, in the freedb database such entries are
stored as hard links so it could be found by looking up either of the
discids.

But since entries with multiple discids seems to be relatively rare, I think
the easiest (and most portable) solution would be just to store copies for
all the discids instead.
(So the same entry is stored as ~/.cddb/misc/9d0a830c and
~/.cddb/misc/a30a830c)

/Richard Lärkäng